Saturday, January 4, 2014

Shimmer Lights For Red Heads and Brunettes :Review

Hey everyone! So I wanted to write a review for this product because I said in October or September on my YOUTUBE channel that I would, and I believe I have tried it enough to let you know what I think about it.

WHAT: This a a hair shampoo that is supposed to bring out the auburn of your brown hair and brighten your red/auburn hair.

WHERE: You can find this at any beauty specialty store, I purchased mine for 10.99 at Sally's Beauty Supply.

HOW: This is a shampoo that actually has hair dye particles in it which helps refresh your hair color. This DOES contain hair dye so please make sure not to use more than once a week for your hair. Put shampoo in your hair for 5 to 10 minutes, then wash out.

REVIEW: I used this hair shampoo when I was auburn and I used this maybe once a week for two months. This does bring a beautiful shine to your hair and a gorgeous tint.

I would NOT purchase this again however due to the fact that this made my hair fall out. Yes, my hair fell out. My hair really doesn't like hair dye because every time I dye my hair, I used to dye it every six weeks, my hair would always fall out more than normal. So imagine, once a week dying my hair was so damaging and thinned out my hair. Another thing, it made my hair super tangle and super straw like. It almost felt like hay. Yes, you can style you hair after and it would look fabulous, but it will still be unhealthy and tangled. You can use a conditioner with this if you are trying to brass up your red hair as a hair dye, but I don't recommend using this once a week, it totally ruined my hair.
As you can see, this is a very orange tinted shampoo, so if you wanna stay cool toned, please do not use this. I only had this on my hand for maybe half a minute and my hand is still stained so it WORKS! So if you want to spruce up your hair, this will work, but the damage is just as bad as using real hair dye every week.

If you guys have any questions other than what I have stated in this review, please feel free to ask! 

3 comments:

  1. Great blog you have here! Had to give you a follow.
    Check out my blog and follow if you like.

    www.gazingaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete