Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Beauty Within

I wanted to make a post about this topic because there are a lot of girls and guys out there who think skinny is the way to go. I am here to tell you that I believe everyone is beautiful inside and out.

There are no pictures in this post due to the fact that there is no need. This is a post about self awareness and about gratitude. As you all know, if you have been following me on my social media networks, I have been unhappy with my body for a really long time. When o mention my body issues to my peers they tell me that I'm crazy and that there is nothing wrong with the way I look. I have been working on being happy with my body for a while, I may not be happy with the physical side, but it's more important to be happy with the beauty within.

What do I mean by beauty within? 

Beauty within is something every person has. Its an inner love and care; inner gratitude. If you can accept your beauty within, then it will show in your outer beauty as well. If you are taking care of your body from the inside you will feel better. I'm not talking just vitamins or excercise, even though that will make you feel a lot better phyisically, I am talking about mentally. Whenever I am unhappy with the way I look or I feel I think of something that I am thankful for. My mom always taught me to be thankful and grateful for what I have, and now every night I speak out loud what I am thankful for. 

Ill give an example, sometimes I look at my life and feel like I'm sort of wasting time and things aren't moving fast enough, I take a step back and realize my present life and see what I have and what surrounds me then I think, "well, what if I didn't have this"? Then I say my thanks. How does this have to do with the beauty within? When you show gratitude for something you will start feeling better and want to better yourself. If you arn't happy with your body, be grateful that you have a body and give thanks that you are able to change it with physical activity, whatever it may be. Some are less fortunate and are not able to do this. So always make sure to give thanks. 

I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! Leave a comment, would love to know what you thought about this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment