Thursday, December 26, 2013

Why did I go Fire Ombre? My Hair Story ♥



Hey guys! I wanted to do a blog post about my hair today and the changes that I did and why I did it.

Okay, so...
Let's start at the beginning. This picture was taken in Florida in 2007 when I used to go visit with my grandparents, and this was the year everything started. I wanted to dye my hair so bad so I decided to get bangs and dye it dark brown. My original hair color is an ash brown. I was 15 when I took this picture, that's right, 15! I look like I'm at least my current age (22) here, and I think that was the real reason why I wanted to dye my hair, to look older.

I was pretty much a dark brown for about a year, this picture was taken in 2008, but then my hair grew a bit and I decided I wanted to get...bangs and highlights... I waited until the summer of 2008, when I went to visit with my grandmother again, to dye my hair,

So here I am, the summer of 2008, 16 and loving it! I had my hair done with fat highlights, and long thick hair!  This was probably my favorite time of my hair life. I loved having long and thick hair it was amazing!
You can see the highlights better here.

Then in the beginning of 2009, I decided it was time for the JET BLACK HAIR ERA! For some odd reason I thought I wanted black hair, so I went for it!


I only kept it for a couple months, then I thought, HEY! Let's try to go back to my old color!

DID NOT WORK!
AND I HAD TO CUT ALL MY HAIR OFF!!!! It was a really sad day for me. I hated having short hair, I was always a long hair kind of girl, but I wanted to cut it all off and start over. So I was a brunette again for a little while...

Then I met my soon to be ex, btw if you're reading, sorry!!! It's my hair story, and dying my hair red was sooooooo not my idea.

Anyways we met in 2010 when I was 18 years old, and he really liked different styles of hair on me so I said, why NOT! The day I bleached my hair was the worst day in my hair history....


The first time we dyed my hair red, I actually really liked it. Soon after, I relied that I wasn't a huge fan because my roots would always show and I had to keep bleaching and bleaching. That was destroying my hair. Yes, those are guinea pigs, we owned guinea pigs...a lot of Guinea Pigs....




Soon after, in 2011, I was tired of the maintenance and I went back to good ole jet black. I actually had that black hair for only 6 months, until I started missing my red hair again. 


So... I went and did the whole bleaching process again!

That's me and my mom, if you were wondering...

I loved my Ariel hair! It was so much fun having it! So from then on I had my red to auburn to red to auburn for the remainder of the years before now.






So, Ive been a red head for almost 3 years now, and the reason I went ombre was because my hair officially bored the hell out of me and was hard to maintain. I was tired of dying my hair every 6-8 weeks to the same color over and over again. I lost half of my hair, it's not healthy, and I know if I keep doing root touch ups, I will never get my hair back to normal again.

I decided the best way to show my creativity with my hair is to be able to have best of both worlds, I could have colored hair, but almost never have to do a root touch up due to the fact that I have dark hair on top!

So ombre is the look I have today, and I am hoping this will last me a long time so I can grow my hair thicker and stronger!

I hope you guys enjoyed my hair story! Leave a comment if you did, and if you have a hair story blog post, leave it in the comments! I'd love to read your post!






7 comments:

  1. I love the final look! I'm struggling a bit with how to style my hair right now, so I understand the need for changes.
    fashiontulles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! Yea its always nice to change.

      Delete
  2. The final look is AMAZING!! I've been contemplating dying my hair a lot but maintaining the hair is my main concern. Looking at your final look gives me hope to just dye the tips now ~
    ApplecakeRambles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rosa. I just wanted to let you know how amazing your hair looks :)) I love it
    I followed your blog, please check mine and follow if you like. It would mean a lot to me :)

    Nika
    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo so much for checking out my blog! will deff check yours out as well!

      Delete
  4. Very nice, I had the same colour hair for a while then it keeps fading but I kept on changing the colour anyway, good choice of colour :)

    www.ThaiGirlinLondon.com

    ReplyDelete